- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme: PhD in Applied Mathematics, PhD in Statistics.
New Programme Announcement: Double Master Degrees in Mathematical Finance and Financial Markets, by Hong Kong Baptist University and University of Kent.
- Gene Golub Day - Memorial Workshop jointly organized by Department of Computer Science & Department of Mathematics will be
held at our University on 7 Februray 2015.
- Prof. Lin Qun, Fellow of Chinese Academy of Sciences, will deliver a
Public Lecture on 6 February 2015.
- Prof. Richard P. Brent, Professor of Australian National University, will deliver a
Distinguished Lecture on 6 February 2015.
- The Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 2014 found that 38% and 37% of the academic research by our math department had achieved a 4- and 3-star rating or
"world leading" and "internationally excellent" by international standards respectively.
(Math & Stat Result)
- Prof. S. N. Chiu, receives the President's Award for Outstanding Performance in Teaching, 2015.
Dr. L. Ling,
Prof. M. Ng,
Dr. Henry Y. T. Ngan,
Prof. T. Tang,
Prof. X. Wu,
Dr. X. Yuan,
Dr. T. Zeng and
Prof. L. Zhu
have been awarded research grants by Hong Kong Research Grant Council (RGC) — congratulations!
- Prof. L. Zhu has won the Second Class Award of the State Natural Science Award (2014) in the recent exercise for his outstanding research achievements.